Welcome to Belclare NS.
History of Belclare National School.
Belclare National School opened in 1895 in a building that is currently used as the Community Centre.
In 1956 a new building was constructed directly across the road from the old one.
The original building had four classrooms, 2 for the girls and 2 for the boys.
Amalgamation took place in the 80s
In 1996 due to increasing pupil numbers the board of management received funding to build a general purpose room, new toilet block, a resource room and a learning support room.
Since then there have been three additional building projects which has seen the school grow to eight classrooms and a doubling in pupil numbers.
Belclare NS has also developed playing facilities with an astro turf facility and playground equipment for all the various age groups.